The Bomber jacket has become a must in our wardrobes for a couple of seasons and since it seems to be staying around for a couple more seasons …
Here is a quick guide to help you find the perfect Bomber Jacket for your body type.
You will be able to figure out here which is your body type, in case you don’t know yet.
Hourglass or Rectangle
When styling a bomber jacket for any of these two body shapes the most important thing is to delimit the waist and keep a balance between the upper and the lower part of the body.
- Play with the prints, colors and appliqués.
- Bomber jackets with kind-of-belted waist will favor your silhouette.
The classic bomber jacket goes perfectly with this body shape because it adds volume on the upper part of the body, balancing the silhouette; however, here are a few tips to make the most of this item.
- Embrace heavy fabrics (my favorites for winter are leather & fur).
- To trace your waist, use short bomber jackets with stretch fabric on the bottom part.
- Use bright colors, heavy prints, and all kind of appliqués. It is better if they are near the chest or the shoulders.
- Try bomber jackets with puffy sleeves, sleeves with different fabrics or sleeves with different prints.
This body shape might be the hardest one to style with a bomber jacket.
A bomber jacket usually provides extra volume to the upper part of the body, which is exactly the opposite of what we would want to do while styling this body type.
- The most important thing is to look for bomber jackets made of light fabric, this will make all the fabric fall down around your hips.
- Try to avoid heavy or irregular prints, instead prefer regular ones.
- If you are using color blocks, make sure you use the darker color on the upper part of the body.
- Avoid shoulder pads, puffy sleeves or decor around or near the neck or shoulders.